Welcome to "Wet Stuff On The Red Stuff" blog. How-to tips, Learnings, Information, Photos, and just plain ol' Ramblings in the World of Fire, Safety, Security, and Emergency Response (and other junk). Thanks for reading! If you have any ideas, stories, or photos you would like to share, please email me at rcbconsultants@gmail.com. Also, if you are new to my blog, please look back through some of the older posts. They are a riot.







Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Missing You

You are only a few hours drive away but it feels like a million miles.
Every day a small tug on my heart is a constant reminder that you are not here.
You are not gone, just not as close as you used to be.
I used to walk in the door, not see you at all, but knew you were there.
A laugh, a comment, or even the tiniest of smiles from you could brighten my darkest day.
Daily I pray, I worry, I hope for the best.
I reminisce, I laugh, I smile, and sometimes I cry.
A part of me, a part of life, seems so far away.
A feeling of closeness that I came accustomed to is now distant.
Something I hoped would never change, but did.
There are sleepless nights and restless days.
Most every day is filled with wondering if you are ok.
I knew this day would come, but I never thought it would be this fast.
There wasn’t enough time. Why didn’t we have more time?
Looking back, the moments were more precious than I could have imagined.
If I knew then, what I know now, I would have stopped everything in the world to spend more time with you.
I would have said kinder words.
I would have made every second count.
I would have given you more of my love.
I would have held you tighter.
I would have left no regret.
But, I know you have your own life now.
You have love, you have responsibilities.
Your priorities have shifted to your future hopes and dreams.
I understand, but that doesn’t make it any easier.
Trying to let go is hard, especially when I have to start over every single day.
I honestly hope that I gave you everything you needed to survive in this world.
I hope I did not fail you or let you down.
I hope when you think of me it is with good thoughts and a smile comes to your beautiful face.
I will always be here for you.
And one day when I’m gone, I will watch over you from heaven and if I am able, I will shower you with as much love and as many blessings as God will let me.
I miss those words in that tiny voice that melted my heart every time I heard them.
“I love you, daddy”.  I cherish them each time you say them now.
You were my first born and I never knew such incredible love existed until you arrived in my world.
You are a grown woman now, but you will always be my little girl.
I love you and miss you more than any words can possibly describe.
I treasure every moment we have together.
I truly thank God every day that he gave me such a wonderful gift.
I am so proud of you and I am so proud to be called your “Dad”.




No comments:

Post a Comment