Welcome to "Wet Stuff On The Red Stuff" blog. How-to tips, Learnings, Information, Photos, and just plain ol' Ramblings in the World of Fire, Safety, Security, and Emergency Response (and other junk). Thanks for reading! If you have any ideas, stories, or photos you would like to share, please email me at rcbconsultants@gmail.com. Also, if you are new to my blog, please look back through some of the older posts. They are a riot.







Friday, May 27, 2011

The Worst Seats in College Football



Sorry I haven’t posted in a while.  Been real busy with work. 

This time of year I really start to get the College Football Fever.  I am reminded of an actual conversation we overheard at a Georgia Football game a few years ago.

The following conversation is real and takes place by an old Codger standing near our tailgate selling two legitimate tickets to a Georgia Bulldogs game. He apparently either had never sold tickets before, or had some sort of shock therapy in the past, or something.

Old Codger:  Hey! I got two tickets right here! For sale!
Potential Buyer #1: Great! How much?
OC: Um, face value.
PB1: Ok, how much is that?
OC: Well, these are not real great seats.
PB1: No problem. How much?
OC: As a matter of fact, they sort of suck.
PB1: Dude! Do you want to sell the tickets or not?
OC: Well…
PB1: Forget it. I’m out of here.

OC: Two tickets for sale right here!
Potential Buyer 2: Hey, how much?
OC: Son, do you know how bad these seats are?
PB2: No sir, but I don’t care.  I need two.  How much?
OC: $40 each.
PB2: Great, I’ll take them.
OC: On second thought, that’s a little high.  They are really bad seats.
PB2: Ok, how much then?
OC: $30 each
PB2: Fine, here’s $60.
OC: You don’t understand, you can’t really see the plays well from these seats.
PB2: I DON’T CARE! I NEED TWO! Take my money!
OC: No, that would be wrong.
PB2: %$##@@! Forget it!

OC: Got two right here.  Who needs two?
Potential Buyer 3: I will take them.  How much you want?
OC: These seats are bad, really bad.  You sit behind the band and you can’t see anything. It's so loud that you...huh? Did you just say something?
PB3: Doesn’t matter sir.  I just need to get in the stadium.  I can sit with friends.
OC:  You actually sit behind a large concrete beam and can’t see a dang thang.
PB3:  Sir, I have been to numerous games here.  There are no concrete pillars in the stadium that you sit behind.
OC: Son, don’t tell me.  I have sat in these seats. I know what I’m talking about.
PB3: Whatever!  How much?
OC: $20 each
PB3: Done!
OC: Even the seats make your butt itch, you will certainly have a rash tomorrow. And there are always gnats flying around your face.  And you can’t get to a bathroom or a concession stand from these seats.  You have to actually go out of the stadium and come back in…
PB3: Have you lost your mind old man?!?
OC: Ok, $15 each.
PB3: Give me the tickets!
OC: I couldn’t, really.  There’s always a large man with a large hat sitting in front of you too.
PB3: SIR! Are those real tickets or are you trying to scam me??
OC: Oh, I assure you sonny, they are real.
PB3: I will give you $30 for the pair! Final deal!
OC: What?  Are you crazy? Are you trying to rip me off? I will call the campus police on you!

We laughed until milk came out of our nose.  And I don’t even drink milk.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment